As a member of the Cerc, Inc. engineering team, you will contribute to the creation of a new L2 blockchain and a data marketplace addressing a vast and growing market. You will contribute code and review others’ code on projects spanning multiple technologies.
The product is nearing launch readiness, and your challenge will be to study and understand the overall architecture and our unique innovations, while contributing immediate value to known problem areas, such as database optimization.
Your deep expertise in provisioning and maintaining cloud infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, and software releases will allow you to make immediate contributions to the software and set the future directions to facilitate our success on the market and ensuing growth.
You will take responsibility for our cloud tooling, its security, its upkeep and maintenance, and the interaction points between infrastructure and our developers. You are fluent with Git, are accustomed to remote work, and have worked on small teams in a startup environment in the past.
The source of proof (truth).
Cerc, Inc. is a core contributor to the Laconic Network, with a mission to accelerate blockchain interoperability and adoption by providing DApp developers and users with greater access to verifiable data.
We’re building a novel way of storing Ethereum and other blockchain data in PostgreSQL with IPFS and IPLD. We’re looking for a PostgreSQL database expert to help us complete the product vision and scale it to handle the needs of growing Web3 and DApp demands.
- Expert skills with Linux.
- Expert skills with AWS and/or other public clouds.
- Expert skills with automation, eg. Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation.
- Experience operating Kubernetes.
- Makefiles, and bash scripting.
- Security-first mentality and best practices, preferrably with trainings and certifications in security fields (DevSecOps).
- Extensive experience managing production infrastructure as a sysadmin, infrastructure/DevOps engineer, SRE, or similar role.
- Degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, or related field.
- Expertise in cybersecurity.
- Working knowledge of networking and configuration for virtual machines.
- Experience managing large databases with complex queries.
- Knowledge of blockchain infrastructure.
- Administer our blockchain, database, and DevOps infrastructure.
- Cross team collaboration to coordinate safe, efficient releases.
- Build complex CI/CD pipelines for cloud native PaaS services such as Databases, Messaging, Storage, Compute in AWS.
- Build deployment pipeline with Github CI (Actions).
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve our protocols.
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Ideal working times are aligned with UTC−05:00 (Eastern).
- Prior experience with blockchains.
- This is the ground floor, the elevator is going up.